Mark Gastineau, a retired defensive end with the New York Jets, revealed that he has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson Syndrome and Dementia. Gastineau played 1o years with the New York Jets.
In December 2015, Zac Easter shot himself ending what he called his “Silent Struggle” from the effects of multiple concussions he sustained from football. A month earlier, Zac had planned to end his life either by his own hand or suicide-by-cop, but was stopped and hospitalized. The reality was that Zac had tired of watching himself deteriorate and he knew that the cause of his problems was CTE or Chronic Trauma Encephalopathy.
CTE or Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy is usually confirmed after the death of an individual by autopsy. Recently PET scans have been used for the earlier detection of Tau plaques in specific areas of the brain which will support intervention for the cognitive, behavioral and physical symptoms which characterize CTE. People who experience multiple concussions like […]
Here we are just past the halfway point of the 2013 National Football League (NFL) season, and with it comes another lesson in “Silent Epidemics”. This time though, through the unfolding story of Jonathan Martin’s struggles as a player for the Miami Dolphins. With the recent behavior of Richie Incognito, the latest issues in the […]
To See How NRI Can Help
- FDA approves blood test that promises to diagnose brain traumaFebruary 15, 2018
- Defending gold medalist backs out of Olympics after head injuryFebruary 13, 2018
- 1 in 14 children have experienced head injuriesFebruary 9, 2018
- Female Olympians publicly pledge their brains to concussion and CTE researchFebruary 7, 2018
- Researchers find strongest evidence yet linking TBI to dementiaFebruary 1, 2018
April 4, 2012: 11:30am- 1:00pm
Colleen Ayers, LPC, LADC
“Bridges Out of Poverty”
May 2, 2012: 11:30am- 1:00pm
To Be Determined