It’s time for the 2017 Spring Conference Season and with it comes opportunities to learn about new research findings and new approaches to treating all aspects of brain injury. Here are the conferences the Neurologic Rehabilitation Institute at Brookhaven Hospital will be exhibiting and presenting at:
- March 1 – 3, Brain Injury Alliance of Iowa’s 25th Annual Conference “Shattering the Myths, Unmasking the Opportunities”, Des Moines Embassy Suites, Des Moines, IA. Rolf Gainer is presenting, “Roadblocks to Re-entry: The Triple Whammy of Brain Injury, Psychiatric Disorders and Substance Abuse.”
- March 9 – 12, American Association Nurse Life CarevPlanners (AANLCP) Annual Education Conference, Wekopa Resort & Casino, Scottsdale, AZ.
- March 10 & 11, 15 Annual Pacific Northwest Brain Injury Conference / 34th Annual BIA of Oregon Conference “Embrace the Journey”, Sheraton Airport Hotel, Portland, OR, Rolf Gainer is presenting two keynotes, “Roadblocks to Re-entry: The Triple Whammy of Brain Injury, Psychiatric Disorders and Substance Abuse” and “The End of Caring: Understanding the Dynamic of Failure in Rehab.”
- March 23 & 24, 11th Annual Nebraska Brain Injury Conference, Younes Conference Center, Kearney, NE. Nancy Weber, MA, CBIS of the NRI is presenting, “The Impact of Caregiving.”
- March 24 & 25, Mind Matters North Dakota Brain Injury Network, Radisson Hotel, Bismarck, ND. Rolf Gainer is presenting, “Loss of Self Following Brain Injury: The task of building a new identity” and “Aging with a Brain Injury: Expectations and Realities.” Jason Pirtle will be at our exhibit booth.
- March 30 & 31, BIA of Kansas & of Greater KC 9th Annual Beyond Rehab: Succeeding at Life “35th Anniversary of the Brain Injury Association: Past, Present and Future of Brain Injury Treatment/Rehab”, KU Edwards Campus BEST Conference Center, Overland Park, KS. Jason Pirtle will be attending.
- April 10 & 11, Washington State Traumatic Brain Injury Conference, Marriott Hotel at Seattle SeaTac Airport, Seattle, WA Gainer is presenting, “Resilience after brain injury” and Nancy Weber is presenting “Caring for the Caregiver After a Severe Brain Injury.”
- May 25th, Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, Neuro Core 2017 – a One-Day Learning Conference, Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, Everett, WA. Rolf Gainer is presenting “Psychometrics of Social Role Return” and Nancy Weber is presenting “Caring for the Caregiver after a Severe Brain Injury.”
We look forward to meeting new friends and professionals and renewing old friendships. See you this Spring!