Austin 8 News reports that a new medical device could improve brain injury treatment. The device created by PhotoThera is called NeuroThera and is currently undergoing clinical trials. The device is operated by a train clinician, and is used to stimulate the inactive mitochondria in brain cells via high-intensity infrared laser. The theory is that the mitochondria (the powerhouse of the cell) will be stimulated and when it starts working the rest of the cell will have energy and can resume functioning.
New Brain Injury Treatment Device on the Horizon?
About Michael Mason
To See How NRI Can Help
- CTE may not require a history of concussionJanuary 19, 2018
- Study finds link between CTE and Lou Gehrig’s diseaseJanuary 16, 2018
- Blake Griffin inadvertently reveals the NBA takes concussions more seriously than the NFLJanuary 12, 2018
- Brett Favre explores concussions in football with a new documentaryJanuary 10, 2018
- CTE in veterans shows the military has it’s own “concussion crisis” [Video]January 8, 2018
April 4, 2012: 11:30am- 1:00pm
Colleen Ayers, LPC, LADC
“Bridges Out of Poverty”
May 2, 2012: 11:30am- 1:00pm
To Be Determined