When an individual experiences a traumatic brain injury, profound physical, emotional, cognitive and behavioral effects result. Every brain injury presents its own unique challenges to the patient—and some challenges are greater than others. Individuals who experience a moderate to severe brain injury often require specialized rehabilitation so that they can regain their skills and abilities—and address new problems posed by their injury.
Aggression, anger and self-control issues are common among brain-injured adults and can impede rehabilitation if not treated professionally. Other issues that may occur include:
- Aggression towards others
- Deficient judgment and problem-solving due to cognitive deficits
- Frequent agitation
- Prolonged confused state
- Seizure disorders related to behavioral problems and aggression
- Problems with attention, filtering and focusing
- Significant memory and cognitive disabilities
- Disruption of sleep/wake cycles
- Emergence of mental health issues or exacerbation of pre-existing mental health or substance abuse issues
- Other cognitive and behavioral problems which prevent the successful completion of traditional rehabilitation programs
The neurological team at NRI understands both the physical and behavioral complications of a traumatic brain injury. That’s why we’ve created a highly personalized program for victims of severe brain injuries with physical, emotional, cognitive and behavioral deficits. This comprehensive program includes:
- Specialized physician services
- A high level of nursing and behavioral supervision
- Medication management
- Occupational therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Behavioral therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Vocational services
- Support for social re-entry
- Recreational therapy
Through ongoing observation and reevaluation, the progress of each individual is measured—and adjustments are made to the treatment plan to maximize the patient’s progress toward recovery.
NRI offers treatment in a secure, safe hospital environment, yet patients also enjoy the benefits of frequent therapeutic and recreational activities in the community.
NRI provides hope and opportunity for individuals struggling with recovery from the severely disruptive and potentially dangerous behaviors resulting from traumatic brain injury. As one of the longstanding leaders in the field, we’re a safe and trusted solution for the effective rehabilitation of severe brain injuries.
For more information about NRI’s Intensive Neurobehavioral Rehabilitation Program or other treatment options for victims of traumatic brain injury, call or request a free assessment today.