To See How NRI Can Help
- Full Concussion Recovery May Take Years For KidsMay 20, 2016
- Former Colts Player Shares What It Is Like To Get A TBI In The NFLMay 18, 2016
- Panel Discusses The Concussion Dangers In Cheerleading and FootballMay 17, 2016
- Age Differences Influence Concussion Impact Says New ReportMay 12, 2016
- Staying In The Game After Concussion Can Mean Being Sidelined LongerMay 10, 2016
April 4, 2012: 11:30am- 1:00pm
Colleen Ayers, LPC, LADC
“Bridges Out of Poverty”
May 2, 2012: 11:30am- 1:00pm
To Be Determined
Neurologic Rehabilitation InstituteAll brain injuries are serious. Some are life-threatening. But in many cases treatment—and healing—is indeed possible. In fact, a high percentage of brain injury patients go on to lead productive and fulfilling lives. Long after rehabilitation has been completed, people with a brain injury need to sustain the gains made in rehabilitation to remain independent. Our goal is to make that outcome a reality.
The Neurologic Rehabilitation Institute (NRI) is an internationally recognized center for the treatment and rehabilitation of individuals over the age of 18 suffering from traumatic brain injuries and other neurological disorders.
Located on the park-like campus of Brookhaven Hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, NRI goes beyond traditional rehabilitation care to provide victims of traumatic brain injury with one of the most comprehensive and advanced treatment programs in America, offering complex care rehabilitation, intensive neurobehavioral rehabilitation and TBI dual diagnosis treatment.
This highly individualized treatment program, created by our interdisciplinary team of neurological specialists, is tailored to each patient’s unique set of needs—but the goal is always the same—to give individuals who have experienced a severe brain injury the highest level of independence possible.
NRI offers a wide range of treatment options and services including:
- Internal medicine
- Medical management
- 24-hour nursing care
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Behavioral therapy
- Social work
- Recreational therapy
- Dietary counseling
In addition, our Complex Care Rehabilitation Services include:
- Progressive physical strengthening and retraining
- Seizure management
- Comprehensive cognitive and neuropsychological testing
- One-on-one assistance for daily activities
- Intensive cognitive and speech therapy
- Pain management
- Daily individual and group therapy
- Structured recreational activities with assistance and support
We are proud to announce our accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, CARF International. CARF is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services.
The mission of CARF is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of persons served.